We all have them right?
Here are just a few of mine :)
*You have prepared a weekly menu and feel on top of the game, until it's dinner time and you realize you forgot the key ingredient at the store.
*Waiting for my dog as she paces all over God's green Earth to find the perfect place to piddle or drop a load. Like really? You've got all the land a dog could dream of and it's THAT hard to choose, huh?
*Being reprimanded at Meijer (and other stores with crazy return policies) for too many returns without a receipt. Okay... if I can't remember to take my keys out of the car before locking it, forget to put the trash out on the right days or to promptly switch the wet laundry into the dryer, and I occasionally forget to brush my daughter's teeth until she is already asleep-- chances are digging the receipt for a $3.00 item out from under my car seat isn't going to strike me as something that's really urgent. Sooo... they can keep their little message in their system that I have been warned about it... it probably won't help.
*Waking up 5 or 10 minutes before your alarm/child. Grrr... bad start to a perfectly good day!
*Every time my dog drinks water from her dish she leaves the great flood behind for each of us to walk through with our socks on.
*Baking a coffee cake for a get together, you know- the bundt-pan type that you pray over before flipping because you know the potential for disaster if it doesn't come out clean... only to flip it and find out- yes it is indeed a disaster. Just close your eyes while you eat, folks.
*Getting home from being out ALL day... when you finally look in the mirror you realize you have to absolutely, completely different earrings on. Thanks friends for not telling me ;)
*As SOON as you sit down for the evening, our dog starts pacing by the door like she suddenly has to go out to go to the bathroom NOW. Umm... if it's up to me... you can wait. Good thing my husband has a good heart :)
*Scratching the bottom of a pan with a fork, making that ear-piercing sound.
*Waking up to find yourself asleep on the couch...realizing you have to wash your face and brush your teeth before climbing into bed, an abrupt interruption to perfectly good night's sleep!
*How the house gets messy while I take a few blinks... for real... I don't get it.
*The way our dog stares at my husband everywhere he goes and starts whining if she can't see him. She is his stalker and it aggravates me!
Okay, sadly there are probably many more... but these popped into my mind. Share with me your pet peeves. Please tell me I am not alone?!
Night Vision
6 years ago

hahaha did you have one mismatch earrings today? Good thing you had your hair down. I agree with all of the above except for waking up 5 to 10 minutes before Cole, that makes my day awesome
ReplyDeleteby my calculation, you could eliminate 4 of these by selling the dog :) also, the only time i almost shed a tear today was when brenna looked at me and said, "mommy, i will never leave your side." she was too stinkin' happy all day to make me sentimental!! :)
ReplyDeletei sure hope the earing incident was not today, considering your necklace was on backwards this morning too :) glad we had a chance to chat today :)
ReplyDeleteKels- I told Justin the same thing... but I think someone needs to explain to him the mathematics involved. He is not convinced!
ReplyDeleteErica- Fortunately I didn't make those two mistakes in one day :) It was great talking at MOTTTS! Enjoy your weekend!