The Smiths

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I was listening to music the other day while I was cleaning and was thrilled when this song popped up to the playlist.

Isn't it amazing how a song can bring you back to a specific place, a time in your life, or memories with particular friends? I love music for that reason and so many others. For example... country music often brings me back to summer in highschool...cruising in my Jeep with the windows down. Jock Jams takes me way back to my AAU basketball days with us 10-year old girls jam-packed into a van feeling on top of the world singing, "We will we will ROCK YOU!". I am sure you could name of few songs that take you back to a place...

This song reminds me of a day 4 years ago when I walked down the long, grassy isle to my man :) I couldn't see him through all my tears, but I heard later he cried, too. I wouldn't have ever known it because I was a bawling mess, hanging on to my dad's arm. By far one of the most amazing days of my life. Picture perfect weather, loved ones, my love, my life, waiting at the end of the isle.




I LOVE this song for lots of different reasons. # 1) Dave Barnes and Stephen Speaks were played a lot in my college dorm room or in the car because their love-struck lyrics were perfect for my mushy heart. I still love hearing the simple, acoustic songs from these two guys. #2) The lyrics are amazing! The tremendous thing about a marriage is that you get to share everything (yes, even the small bathroom sink in the morning!)

One thing that amazes me is how much I look forward to him coming home in the evening. The time of sharing our day.... sometimes the low points, but also rejoicing in the small things (a smooth day at work, a good deal on groceries, a new mowing job, a small bow sale, Sienna's newest accomplishments, etc.) I am SO grateful I have Justin to share these with. More importantly knowing that in my darkest hours, I have an incredible man that loves me despite all those things. He sees me at my worst and loves me regardless. He loves me with no make-up on and in a ridiculously mismatched outfit, he loves me when I lock my keys in my car and he has to spend his entire lunch hour and more coming to bail me out, but also when I am in a crabby mood and can't explain why, when I complain 24/7 about our ridiculous dog (did I say that?!, when I leave a lights on or forget to flush. He still loves me when I have completely procrastinated with dinner and then frantically try to figure out what to make after he walks in the door. He loves me even though I am ridiculously indecisive and ask him to decide what I should order at a restaurant (seriously... what an annoying habit!) I am blessed with a forgiving, loving, handsome, hard-working, selfless husband who is a tremendous father and provider for our family. So blessed. So blessed.



4 comments:

  1. wow that seems like forever ago but so recently too.....It was beautiful, I mean look at you! NOthing has changed you are still as beautiful as ever! Justins a pretty great guy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful wedding pictures. And I totally agree with Ashley, you ARE beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...might just be my new favorite song- had never heard of it before! Thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just listened to the attached song and it is actually a diff version than. What we had. Ours was acoustic, but this is a neat version too:)

    ReplyDelete