The Smiths

Friday, September 17, 2010

Can I just start over?!?

Ever have the days where you would love to just back the train up and start over... yep, my day was today! Sure, there have been bad days before, silly mistakes, traffic jams, fits from a 19 month old, super unproductive days, forgetful mama type of stuff... but rarely do I feel like I have a day where EVERYTHING goes wrong!

Bear with me as I vent... ;) I had some errands to run today so we got around in decent time today and I planned to stop at 3 different places, I had my lists and mental map of my stops. On my way there, I realize I forgot to bring a snack for Sienna. I don't know about any of you moms out there, but I can't shop if Sienna doesn't have a snack. She would enjoy eating ALL day, however she has a pretty regular snack time and I sometime plan around it because helps me accomplish things with a few less interruptions. So Forgetful Mama makes mistake numero uno.

Our first stop to Kohls went really well, got the things I needed and Little Miss was well-behaved! I'm feeling good at this point!! When I walk out to the car I start sweating as I am digging through my purse looking for my keys. Yep, you guessed it. This is the second time, in 4 months I have locked my keys in the car. Although the first time my child was IN it! Yeah, hold the calls to CPS, please. That's a story for another day, but it WAS the hottest day of the summer (go figure) but luckily my mom came to the rescue in about 15 minutes. I earned The Worst Parent of the Year Award that day. I could blame it on "pregnancy brain" but that's just a crock... I'm just an airhead sometimes. Forgetful Mama mistake #2.

Anyways, Justin is working in Elkhart, my parents are in Chicago, Ashley is on a play-date, and my sad pair of spare keys are dangling in the kitchen. Sweeeeet. I march my pregnant-self back into Kohls with my girly starting to put on a show (you know... the one where their legs go limp and you end up dragging them because they refuse to stand...) for the customers. After calling Justin and Ashley, I ask Customer Service what they advise... So I found my options.

Option #1: Call the police although they won't send someone to unlock it unless a child is locked in the car Been there done that... where were the police 4 months ago?!

Option #2: Call a locksmith, although they will charge at least $50 to come out.

Option #3: Call a cab to take me to get my spare keys so I can drive back and get my car. Although I won't have a car seat for Sienna and I don't think Kohls provides babysitting services.

Option #4: Call my husband again and admit that I'm an idiot again and ask him to come save me.

Option 4 seemed like the least expensive (at least out of the pocket book, maybe not for the ego :) So I called my calm, forgiving husband who said he could drive nearly 45 minutes to come pick my up over his lunch. He reassured me it was okay and he'd call when he was there.

So, Sienna and I walked over to Quiznos for an unplanned lunch out while we waited. Sienna proceeds to tell the lady at the cash register "Mommy lock keys in car." Awesome. Out of the mouths of babes. After lunch, we walked back over to Pet Smart to look at the animals. Justin called and I told him we were at Pet Smart. He said, "Oh great, I'm just pulling in." We walk outside and I get this sick feeling as I don't see his truck.

I didn't tell him which shopping plaza we were at!!!!!!!!

Justin made a safe assumption that I was at the plaza closest to our house with Kohls, Pet Smart, and Quiznos... but why would I go there?! I was at the one across town! So he drives an extra 20 minutes to come get us there.

At this point, Sienna is walking around saying, "Poopy." And any passerby could guess what sort of gift she left in her drawers. The diaper bag is locked in the car. She kept asking if I was tired and I explained that I was just having a bad day. She would say. "Love you. Kissy Mama? Mama bad day..."

When Justin comes and unlocks the car, I get Sienna cleaned up and promise to make just one last stop, even though we are well into her naptime, but I figured I made the trip out and I am going to get what I need, doggonit!

Sienna is in the cart, digging in my purse and finds leftover chips from lunch. She takes one and starts eating it. Then, she starts coughing and choking, so I throw everything down, rip her out of the cart and stick my fingers in her throat. Then, of course, she pukes up what she ate... because what else would you expect on a day like this?! Luckily it was a small mess, easy clean-up and could have been a lot more (considering what this girl eats!!). Then, I realized they had NOTHING on my list. Everything I went in for was sold out... probably because it was a sale item towards the end of sale week. BUT STILL........... I just wanted to run out of the store and start my whole day over!

Anyways...... if you are still reading by now, I give you serious props... fortunately my loooong, drawn-out saga is over. Hopefully :) Just thankful my hubby loves me... a forgetful airhead like me :) He's amazing!

4 comments:

  1. i wish i could have seen this on video! Love you sorry I couldn't save you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, glad it's over with for you! Just think, tomorrow can only be better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if at any point in this story you had written, "and then i sat down and cried a little" i wouldn't have blamed you!! hope your weekend was WAY better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, at least your bad day makes for a good story! It made me laugh out loud. But not at you, just your circumstances. And Sienna. She made me laugh too.

    ReplyDelete