Hello Friends :)
Can I just share with you that I am loving this week :) This is the first of three weeks that Justin has a break from school! YAHOOO!! It's been fun. Of course, he has lawns to mow, a fishing trip planned, little projects to work on, time to spend with some of his students, etc.- but I feel like a happier woman having him home with us more! I feel refreshed! Many days he is working until Sienna's bedtime which leaves this mama worn out! But, he is working so hard to provide for us and for that I am so thankful. He never complains...
It is just wonderful for him to have a more flexible schedule. So far we have squeezed in a visit to the pumpkin patch and some extra family time. We are working through our "Fall Break To Do List" which includes fun memories we want to make with Sienna, but also some crunch time preparing for baby boy's arrival. I have officially hit the 8 month mark! It seems I felt the need to kick it into gear when I hit that mark. :) Still lots to do... but we are getting ready for this little guy. We are both convinced he is going to be a crazy one! He is incredibly active. Sometimes it feels like he is just going to reach out and grab my hand or perform a little gymnastics routine with all his rolling about. I have been telling Justin, "I wish you could be pregnant sometime in your life..." haha Fat chance of that happening... but honestly- it is so hard to describe the feeling of a squirmy baby inside your belly... constantly!
Sienna is getting more vocal about this little guy, too. She now says things like "baby brother" and "big sister" or "hi baby" while patting my ginormous belly. She lifts up her shirt and says, "Sienna's baby" and also wants to see "daddy's baby" ... so there is still a little fogginess in her understanding... but adorable nonetheless. I washed our little guy's bedding and she was excited to snuggle up with "baby's blankets". We have painted her room and gotten her mattress and bedding put together... but still need to put together or paint some of the bigger furniture before having her sleep in her bed. She LOVES her new bed and still gets excited and gasps when she walks in and sees it. She squeals, "new bed" and insists that I sit with her on it. I will post pictures of her room when it is actually done. I am anxious to finish it! I feel like there are many unfinished projects around here! Hoping to knock them out in the new few weeks :)
I am also feeling encouraged as our mom's group (MOTTTS) has started up again. It is a great way to get out of the house with childcare taken care of to get together with other mamas seeking guidance in this whole parenting thing!! Right now we are reading "Shepherding a Child's Heart" and I am seeing how this is going to be very applicable as my little sweetpea is showing more of an opinion about many things :) I am excited to learn more about understanding her and learning to discipline her in love, just as our Father does with us. Justin and I are also doing a weekly book study on relationships with lots of other great individuals and couples. Then, to top it off, a group of us girls are sitting under the teaching of the wise, and hilariously passionate Beth Moore :) Our study on Esther has gotten me back into The Word in a good way. All of these things are stretching me out of my comfort zone to be more intentional, relational, and grounded while building some pretty neat friendships!! :) I'm excited to see what God has in store!
Until next time! Hopefully I can get some pictures up here soon.... but someone seriously needs to ground me from taking pictures (or atleast uplaoding them) until I get some printed!!! It's been a good 14 months since I have printed pictures. Uhh... that thought makes me SICK!
Night Vision
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment