The Smiths

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Not Me Monday

A friend of mine did this post a few months back where you add "did not" or something to that effect in front of everything you did that day and it was fun. So I thought I would try. Just a silly way to think of your day :)

I did not roll out of bed in the morning, earlier than I'd like, and tip toe around to not wake the cohabitants of this house so I could go for a quick run. I didn't get back to see my favorite man ever sitting in the kitchen reading his Bible and greeting me with a morning smile. I did not immediately begin my the crazy multi-tasking morning. Then, of course, I didn't have to chase to my daughter around the house like a crazy woman to change her diaper in the morning after she ate all her toast, yodurt, and bluebabies. I did not then rush off to go to my favorite place of all, the dentist, to get a certain number of fillings done. I did not fall asleep while reclined in the chair waiting for the numbing gel to take affect. Seriously, who puts a mom in reclined in a chair with calming music on and leaves her there all by herself. Luckily, I did not drool.

They didn't have to give me 6 shots (but whose counting) because the type of anesthetic did not do the job. Pretty sure that is enough to knock a horse dead, but I lived to tell about it. While hearing the crazy buzz of the drill and feeling them strike a nerve repeatedly, I did not start feeling dizzy. I didn't begin coaxing myself that I was just fine and needed to take deep breaths. I also didn't nearly pass out in the chair and cry, like a 2 year-old because that would have just been embarrassing, right? I didn't lay there with my feet above my head and let me lay with a wet cloth on my head.

I did not run around like a headless chicken during while Sienna was napping to make use of my me-time. We all know how our little lovelies are such great helpers and make it so easy to accomplish simple tasks. See picture for proof.


And of course, I did not scarf down nearly 4 cookies during this time...that would be crazy and completely unhealthy ;)

When Little Miss woke up, I did not read Mercer Meyer'sI Was So Mad in a silly voice and didn't bust out the tickle mitts for my favorite book ever, Tickle Monster to get some wiggly, squeamish, giggles from my nicely-rested sweetie pie. I did not completely procrastinate on making dinner only to find we had no groceries in the house... so we didn't have eggs for breakfast. (ps. Have I told you how I have an amazing husband who is so gracious even when his wife wastes her whole day and he comes home to scrambled eggs for dinner rather than a roast and potatoes or something fancy. Yeah, he's that good.)

Next, I did not whip up some really healthy No-Bake Cookies (okay I am lying about the healthy part). Then I didn't rush over to my mom's house to have a Bachelorette finale party while eating lots of great and healthy snacks. Of course, we didn't have a platter of roses sitting on the table to hand out at our own rose ceremony- because that would be silly. :)I didn't stay up way past my bedtime watching a show that I am not all that proud of being a dedicated follower of. I didn't come home to my husband asking "Justin, will you accept this rose?" Only to have him laugh in my face and say "No, you didn't..."

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a funny & creative way to look @ your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was not a completely fun day! hah! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete