So, while Justin was off to mow after school today, I figured I could definitely manage (and afford ;))another workout for the day. I saddled up the bike with Sienna's trailer hooked up behind it. She was excited!!! Chattering and singing as we rode. We have enjoyed quite a few bike rides together... but none really recently. Within the first few pedals I realized this was going to be interesting :) As I am riding towards the sunset (now doesn't that sound all romantic...ha) I am looking into the bright sun, but notice an animal is facing towards me. Hmmm... I can't make out exactly what it is, but I figure it is a dog. As we are about 20 feet from it, it starts running straight towards me. Sweet Jesus... Then, as we get about 15 feet from it, it is running faster at me and I stop dead in my tracks to find that it is a deer. Yep, I said it. A deer. Running at me. Lord, have mercy. That's basically how the prayer went. Just then he dashed off to the other side of the road into the corn field.
Now, I am a bit startled at the guts this guy has and began pedaling faster as I was imagining him charging at me, full-force. Lights out. As I am pedaling faster, I realize how ridiculous I look, nearly 7 months pregnant pedaling like a maniac on this bike. Picture with me this... toes pointed outward on the pedals, looking like a cowboy fresh off his horse riding this aluminum contraption, my knees dodging this protruding gut, I mean belly, with every stride. Not to mention I am nervously looking back periodically as if I am being chased, by someone... or something.
All that to say... things could have been a whole lot more interesting. Thankfully, they were not!
Today I worked at posting some of the things I have been working on recently.
Here are a few...





You can check out the rest of my stuff here :)
Have a great day!

im loving the nursing covers! And the porch in the background! Ummmm seriously the deer thing would freak me out too! can't wait to see sienna tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteumbro totally brings back memories.... like that shirt that said UM on the front and BRO on the back, totally awesome if I must say:)
ReplyDeleteHow funny! FREAKY, but funny! Wish we could have seen it!
ReplyDelete