After her nap I said, "Do you want to go on a date with Mama?!?" She stares at me blankly "We can go get food and icecream..." Now she's excited! "Les Go! Shoes! she shots as she does her little happy-skip-dance.
As we loaded up to get in the car she kept repeating "C'mon Les Go! Mommy a date! Ahh melt my heart. We pulled in to the old-school diner, Bonnie Doon's, a place with LOTS of memories for me! My dad would take each of us girls out on our own date night. We would get to choose where we wanted to go. Sometimes it was Chuckie Cheese where I chose to go, probably way older than what was COOL to go hang out with the large, furry, mechanical singing band that frightens so may kids...not me, not when you're 12 years old. Okay I'm exaggerating with the age... I think? :) Other times we strolled into Claire's Boutique and picked out a little something. One time I actually remember going on a date with my dad and walking into a barn. I look up to the tall ceilings and low and behold there is a cow carcass... welcome to the butcher. Not sure if he was checking on one of our "pets" that we raised.. Mopsy Topsy, Buttons, or Jordan. Not completely sure what that was all about, Dad?? But it obviously has stayed in my memory and luckily I am not a vegetarian from that experience :) Often times it ended with icecream and Bonnie Doon's was the place to go.
Once we got to Bonnie Doon's, I plopped Sienna down next to be in the old school booth and she was loving every minute of not being in a booster or a highchair!

She didn't get lucky enough to get icecream- because quite frankly, she had forgotten about the icrecream comment and was completely content with grilled cheese and "apple-auce".
Next, we ventured to the park. "C-mere" she'd say and grab my hand to pull me to play. I had to get some pictures of my big girl!




After her cheeks were apple-red, her face flushed from the heat...we decided to head on our way. We did check out Claire's... just because :)
Chatting with my little love on the way... hearing "Mommy a date! Mommy a date!", sitting with my growing girl on the booth seat watching her big eyes full of excitement, holding her little hand at the park.... She is absolutely head and shoulders above anything I could have EVER dreamed up in a little girl. My heart is full. Completely overflowing and full.

This is when I think of the Mommy Date book that I have by Karen Kingsbury. So happy you got the time to just hand with you and Sienna. I am really enjoying my one on one time with Avenlea while Jackson is at school. I am thinking I need to do the one on one more often. Great memory too by the way.
ReplyDeleteOh I haven't read that one! Is that her childrens book? Glad you get to have that special time with Avenlea!!
ReplyDeleteMan she is a cute cite girl! I love her! Way to go Mommy, you sure made her feel real special:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute post & cute outing! Yes, that Mommy Date book by Karen Kingsbury is a good one. I don't have it...I rented it from the library.
ReplyDelete