The Smiths

Friday, July 23, 2010

Funday Friday...

Today Sienna and I ventured out to run some errands. We got an early start because someone is starting to wake up earlier and earlier... hmm... I'll give you a hint, it's not me (at least by choice ;) Running errands with a toddler can either be an exciting escape from the house, a chance to wander down the isles and dream about all the things in the store... or it can be a sweaty, stress-fest as I break out into a hot-sweaty mess while Sienna is thrashing about in the cart, trying to stand in her seat. Okay, maybe she isn't that bad, yet... but pretty close! I have become that mom that bribes my kid with snacks (cereal) to be able to shop in while still sane. Hey, don't knock it 'til you have to do it.

Today, to my pleasant surprise (because of the early morning), Miss Sienna Jade was marvelous! We had a lot of fun and she was cracking me up, talking up a storm at other shoppers, and trying to sing in the car- just PRECIOUS!!! Wish I could have captured that moment forever. Hearing her sweet little voice and watching her serious face in the rear-view.






Check out this cute book that we FINALLY bought Sienna after one whole year of thinking about the purchase. We first saw it last year in Holland, MI on our getaway. Being a teacher, I ate up all the adorable little illustrations and fun furry mitts that went with it. So two weeks ago when we were back, I picked up the book ready to buy it on two separate occasions. Full price for the book and mitts was simply ridiculous, so I went home sadly without the book again. Finally, I purchased it on Amazon. Yesterday we got our furry little find in the mail :) I'm excited for all the giggles we are going to get out of this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment