Here is what we have been up to lately-
*Playing outside with a bowl of water, utensils, and rocks...making all kinds of scrumptious stews

*Making Sidewalk chalk creations-Okay so maybe this is just me... Sienna is totally uninterested
*Going through 4 rolls (seriously- I counted) of toilet paper blowing my nose these past 3 weeks. I cannot kick this cold! Sienna has gone to the doctor twice now in 2 weeks with a double ear infection, goopy, matted eyes, conjunctivitis, and something-funkyitis... Poor girl is handling it like a champ!
*Going to the park to play- and of course stopping at Cook's to get a scoop of icecream to split! Definitely not a good habit to start, but it was more of an excuse to get myself some icecream :)
*Playing on our neighbors playset!

* Taking Sienna in a ride in the Bike Bugger

*Tutoring-- YAY to be done! Now more time for productive things like... going to the pool?! ;)
That leads me to my next question-- Do any of you keep your house clean in the summer??? For me I am learning it is REALLY hard to do. Sienna loves to be outside, and I want to take advantage of the nice days as well. The house work is getting Out.Of.Control. To be honest, a part of me doesn't care :) and a part of me says "Shame on you..." The verdict is still out. I'd love to hear your tips or thoughts on summertime cleaning!
*My hubby has been working hard mowing and doing some landscaping for others. He has been busy, but we are so thankful for what he does for us and how hard he works!
*ALSO- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL SISTER TOMORROW!! Happy Birthday, Tiff!

(Tiffany and her husband Austin.)
Happy Memorial Day Weekend to you all! Enjoy your families!

Britt, don't feel guilty! I say as long as the County Department of Health doesn't stop by, enjoy the outdoors. The dust and clutter will be there when you come back inside. I'm sure Sienna doesn't even notice.
ReplyDeleteLindsay- I am feeling good after reading your comment. No knock on the door yet! :) Hopefully the dust isn't what is causing all of this sickness in our house! That's a thought! lol.
ReplyDeleteBritt - I'm totally with you on the house work thing. I love a clean house but hate the cleaning. Though with our dog, and him shedding right now, it's really hard to go without cleaning, because I start to feel like we're up to our eyebrows in dog hair! YUCK. I've been starting to do little things every day and that has helped. Instead of walking in and dumping everything, I'm trying to put away things, and clean the dishes the night I dirty them, instead of leaving them for a few days. . .then my house feels cleaner, and I'm not taking all saturday to clean, because I've been cleaning little things throughout the week. With all that said-letting your house go for a week or two isn't going to hurt anyone, and you're making memories with your daughter and hubby and that's worth more than a clean house :) Sometimes it's just a head thing-you just have to tell yourself to get over it and it's ok if your house isn't perfect all the time, you can always clean later (unfortunately it will still be there when you're ready to clean). .. that's what I tell myself anyway :)
ReplyDelete