The Smiths

Friday, May 7, 2010

Rainy Day

As I type, the rain is washing over the windows and thunder is cracking near by. I am not going to lie... I'm beaming :) Today is the first day in awhile where it is rained... HARD! I am sitting here in my pjs, kind of excited about the rain today! Normally, I get up before Justin leaves for work to go for a run. This morning, I enjoyed the guilt-free extra half hour of being snuggled under the covers. I have no where to be, so this rain is kind of refreshing. Tutoring is a No-Go today because they don't have school. So my weekend starts NOW!! :)

The rain is a good excuse to stay inside and tend to some of the things that have been obviously neglected for the past week and a half because of a busy schedule (& nice weather). Now I just need to pray for a burst of motivation to accomplish something today. Of course, I will probably steal a few extra snuggles on the couch from my little sweet pea. She LOVES being outside, so we have done a lot of playing in the yard on the nice days. Her knees are evidence of what a rough and tumble girl she is ;) She has scabbed them both up for the past week. Gotta invest in some band-aids with this little one!

Well, before I sit for any minute longer, I better whisk myself off to get ready to accomplish something big and impressive today!!!! ...(haha.. who am I kidding?!)

So for all of you out braving the rain today... get out the rain gear, strap on the galoshes, and make it a great day!

This picture just makes me smile :)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE Sienna's hat! :) Good day to curl up under the blankets and watch movies with your little one!! Some days are made to do absolutely nothing! Have a great weekend Britt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the rain as well, but not because I couldn't go running. You're so inspiring. I wish I could get up early for a run. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE rainy days! they are always so relaxing and productive at the same time...a good kind of productive. i think rainy days are God's way of forcing me to slow down and relax! glad you enjoyed the rain too ;)

    ReplyDelete