The Smiths

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bedtime Routines

Can I just say that bedtime routines can often been the sweetest time of the day. The snuggling as she guzzles her last bottle of the day, then cuddles right up to me as we rock back and forth... She is really good about listening as we pray... (Before meals, prayer time is almost TORTURE and she has started to dislike taking that time to thank Jesus for her food knowing that it is prolonging the act of stuffing her face. Hopefully this will soon change. I'm sure Jesus will appreciate when it does :)...) I cherish holding that tiny little hand that seems to be growing bigger by the day.

Sometimes the nighttime routine seems like an exhausting part of the day when she is WAY past tired and kicking and screaming (literally) while we wrestle to put her pjs on and nestle her into her bed. Or the times where Justin and I feel just to tired to put the effort into getting up, changing the diaper, the clothes, warming the bottle, and doing the routine.

However, many times the bedtime routine is smooth-sailing, and it makes me want to relish every bit of that snuggle time with my sweet pea. The sweet way her eyes seem just too heavy to keep open and the way she loves being cuddled - even though she is looking pretty big in my arms these days - I can't imagine anything else! ...Her silly little giggles as I gobble up her soft, chunky cheeks. Lately, she has started grabbing my face and pulling it close to hers so that I will do that over and over again. How can I resist the chubby cheeks? The giggle is just music to my ears and makes my heart happy. She opens her mouth wide for a big, amazing, baby sloppy wet kiss. I. Am. Blessed.

I am feeling refreshed after spending the day listening to a Live simulcast of Beth Moore and her message on insecurities. It was soo great to get in The Word and God's promises while worshiping with lots of other women. Justin had some great daddy/daughter time which just melts my heart :)

Here are some recent pics... some are from our Florida Vacation.


3 comments:

  1. i love the pic of justin holding sienna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, You're SUCH a good Mommy Brit! :) Chubby cheeks are the best!! I hope my little girl is rolly polly chubby, it's my favorite! Love hearing about your mommy moments, it makes me look forward to life with our little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess- there no doubt are days I question my ability as a mom! Days like today... where she is cranky as all-get-out and I feel like there are a million and a half things I should be accomplishing and I just want to pull my hair out ;) But I guess that is where grace comes in, right?

    ReplyDelete