The Smiths

Monday, April 12, 2010

Back to Reality...

Wow- Time is flying and I am realizing I am not nearly as committed to this blogging thing as I planned to be! So.. bear with me and my sporadic, few-and-far-between posts. However, we were out of town for a week so I was officially M.I.A from Facebook, email, and blogging for an almost entire week. I am not going to lie- IT FELT GOOD!! But now, I feel like I am making up for lost time trying to catch up on all that went on while I was gone ;)

I will post pictures, but I have been busy playing "catch-up" and haven't downloaded them all yet. The mounds of laundry, full sink, and toy-strewn floors seem to be grabbing my much needed attention.

Regardless, we had an AWESOME, sun-filled week in Jacksonville, Florida. This was Sienna's second trip to Jacksonville as we took our 9-week old on a crazy cross-country road trip during Spring Break last year :) This year, however, the car ride seemed even more daunting because our Sugarpie is much less content than that 9-week old who was always snoozing, eating, or pooping. We traveled the majority of our time at night since our little sleeper does better that way. The bad news was that Justin had to pull some all-nighters ;) He drove it like a champ.

On the way down, our attitudes were uplifted, hopeful, and excited about the week that lay ahead. We spent the car ride catching up on the busyness of the previous week, talking about different Bible stories, and other thought-provoking theological questions (wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall for that one?! haha) I'm not going to lie, I dozed often and probably looked like a drunkard trying to appear awake with the ever-annoying bob of the head that befalls the one who tries to refuse sleep. This was much different than the ride home where I was complaining and swearing that I would never drive to Florida AGAIN. Ever. (But...I can assure you that next year, when I see the cost of a flight, I will swallow my pride and hop back in the car for another crazy 24 hours of madness.)

Our time in Florida was incredibly relaxing! We were regulars at my aunt and uncle's neighborhood pool-- often twice a day! Even though my skin may not show any remnants of a tan, I promise... I was in the Sunshine State.

This past week we have been SURROUNDED by generous family members. That may be an understatement. When I reflect back on the week and how we got there, what we did there I am AMAZED at how generous others were. Whether it was my parents and neighbors tag-teaming to letting our dog out 4 times a day (I know she is high maintenance with a capital "H"), my inlaws letting us drive their sweet car the hundreds of miles there, my sweet little teen cousin letting us crash in her room while she took the couch or someone else's bed. Or my aunt and uncle housing us, feeding us, and insisting on paying for a night out to dinner and dessert while they watch our daughter. It was also meeting up with Justin's cousins in Georgia who let us rest there before completing the rest of our long-trek home, who also treated us to a tasty meal at an adorable outside restaurant.

We. Are. Blessed.

I guess I should have remembered that when this customer in front of me at Meijer purposefully backed her large-behind and knocked into me to make some sort of point?!? I should have blessed her. Forgive me, Lord...

Anyways... YAY for Meijer's 10 for $10 sale that helped me save a ton on groceries. Gotta love it. ...Maybe that's what she was mad about?! Anyways.. I need to finish playing catch-up!!

3 comments:

  1. GLAD YOUR BACK!!!! I missed you! HAHA, what point was the large reared lady trying to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you had a fun time in FL. Missed you @ MOTTTs but didn't get a chance to ask Ashley where you were. Now I know. I've never been to FL. That's one of my dreams. To experience FL once. And here Sienna's been there 2x! That's awesome that you can recognize God's blessings in your life. Ok, what is this Meijer 10 or $10 sale??? I shop @ Meijer every week but don't know what you're talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jewel... there are certain things that are on sale. You get 10 of them for $10 and get the 11th free. I never actually buy 10 of anything, but it still rings up as a dollar. This week it was cartons of strawberries, avocados, bread, pretzels, and other stuff too. The sales only happen every so often. You can mix and match the deal... so if you end up buying 10 things (a mixture of strawberries, pretzels, etc.) that are 10 of $10, you get an 11th one free. Hope that makes sense? I love it! Use coupons too and stock up on cheap groceries!


    Ash- Yeah I have no clue what the lady was trying to prove, but I am glad I didn't say anything cause she could have knocked my lights out!

    ReplyDelete