February has come and went in the blink of an eye! I can't even believe that March is just peeking around the corner. I am not going to lie, I am welcoming Spring and Summer like it's nobodies business!! This girl is ready for some SUNSHINE! My pasty, reflective skin is ready to be sun-kissed. I am anxious to look down and see tanned feet, rather than slipping my frigid feet into 2 pairs of socks. I am ready to wake to the sweet sound of birds chirping outside of our window instead of finally willing myself to roll out of bed after hitting the snooze at least 2 times. ...My "overambitious" plans at night seem way less appealing when the alarm sounds while it is still dark! At this point in the year I, along with probably 99.9% of the readers out there, are longing for a vacation to a far away destination! A place to sink her feet into warm sand, dip her toe into the warm pool ...a girl can dream, can't she? ((We all know that vacations with kids aren't quite what the were pre-kids... but vacations are fabulous nonetheless!))
However, despite a little bit of the winter blues, we have been keeping busy over here! Whether it has been with tutoring, laundry, dishes, sweeping, wiping snotty noses, picking up clutter around the house... or the more appealing things like cuddling with my girly, flipping through picture books, making bows, working out with my hubby, catching up on blogs, or sewing... I have felt busy!! Although, there never seems to be enough time for everything I want/need to squeeze in! Now that I am on a short break from tutoring before the next sessions start up again, I have had some more time to work on crafts! This has been one the things I have really enjoy spending more time on since I no longer teach. I have time to work on little projects now! Bless Justin's heart, he has been so sweet. I get so excited about such small little projects and he rejoices with me :)
Here is a picture update from the last few weeks.
Our dog, Macy, is on the mend after playing at the park with Justin last weekend. When playing fetch, the over-sized stick (a.k.a. a log) stuck into the snow with one end sticking up, Macy ran straight into it and messed up her chest. There is a baseball-sized hematoma on her chest. After a week, there hasn't been much healing. I am not complaining about a "calmer dog" :) But I am complaining about the money we had to put into the vet bills!!!!!!!!
Sienna has liked putting hats on her head (or tries..). She now knows where her head, mouth, and toes are :) Finding her ears really seems to stump her ;)
Justin will probably kill me for putting this on here... Isn't he such a good dad?? Teaching her to snuggle with the baby. And the hat??.. yeah don't ask. We are getting stir-crazy I tell you!
Okay, this girl looks like a true couch potato, but can I attest to the fact that she is anything but that! She posed for a whole 7 short seconds for this pic. How bad is it that I try to "tempt" her with cartoons! I find a really fun one with lots of songs and try to get her to watch it so that I can get some housework done... Yeah, probably not getting any awards on that one :)
She looks so grown up... well minus the fact there is still NO HAIR and NO TEETH! I guess she still looks like a baby when you consider those things! haha.
Night Vision
6 years ago







Wow... I didn't realize she didn't have any teeth yet! I thought you had mentioned something about teething before. Isn't it amazing how different that is for every baby? Some have almost all of them by 14 months and some don't even get a single tooth until after they are one... crazy.
ReplyDeleteCute post! We too are hoping for warmer days.. getting a bit sick of being stuck in the house or going to Target instead of the park for an outing...
I gotta say I am sick of being inside...excited about spring...but I HATE, DISPISE, would take a vacation to the artic, when summer hits. Cute post...and don't worry there will come a day when she will watch cartoons...and I understand the need to get a few things done.
ReplyDeleteAmy- yeah.. you can call me a liar :) I seriously thought I saw a tooth, and blame any fussiness on "teething". Justin actually did some research last night, because we were both asking each other "When should we be getting worried!?" Dentures sure are cute on old people (maybe?!) but not so much on a baby.
ReplyDeleteI have done a few trips to the mall to get out! Hope that you and Adalyn are enjoying this winter day :)
haha! Justin is such a good daddy! I love that picture and his face is priceless. Lets gather up the family and move south! What do you think? Love you!
ReplyDeletei love the pictures of justin and sienna playing! :) there will be many other times he will do humiliating things in order to teach, excite, and play with his daughter. potty training has shown me a whole new side of brad :) send me those questions girl, whenever you want! you're awesome!
ReplyDelete