The Smiths

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Hello to the World of Blogging!

I am saying "hello" to the world of blogging, after my sister talked me into starting one. I have contemplated the idea for some time now, but feared I would spend many of my minutes during the day sitting in front of this screen. With that being said-- I can make no promises about how "faithful of a blogger" I will be because I don't want to have any unfulfilled promises. My posts may be sporadic, boring, random, and few and far between. We will see :)

My guess is that I will use this as a way to have discussions with anyone older than the age of 1. And glean wisdom and insight from my other blogging friends :) However, quite frankly this might just be a great way to keep everyone up-to-date with whats going on with Mr. and Mrs. Smith and this amazing little one who is filling our lives with so much excitement!

Sienna Jade just turned one, and it was almost as soon as the streamers came down, presents were opened, and cake was eaten that she has blown me away with the new things she is learning and how quickly she is picking up on things... Even though she says few words, I feel like we can communicate so much more and she is showing her little sense of humor.


Here are some of the things about Sienna-
*She consistently says words like Mama, Dada, Uh Oh, Wow, Dog, book, ...
*She has started mimicking everything we say... Justin swears she said "caterpillar" and "ladybug" the other day when he was reading to her...
*Future soccer player is in the making. She walks around the living room, kicking her soccer ball.
*She's been a great sleeper (PRAISE THE LORD!)
*She loves food.
*She is developing something that appears to be an outrageous temper.. I am already praying for strength. This girl and I are going to rumble... no doubt.
*Her kisses are the best.
*Justin's piggy back rides make her giggle and kick her feet.
* She is walking EVERYWHERE!
*She loves praying with Mommy or Daddy before eating meals. She holds out her hands to hold ours and watches intently as we close our eyes and gets excited when we say "AMEN!" ... she knows that food is just shortly reaching her mouth!
*She adores our dog, Macy.



Alright- I am sure you will hear plenty about her. She is my absolute joy and my life. Please humor me as I go on and on about how great my daughter is ;)

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited!!!! Thanks so much just think you will be able to look back one day and read thru all of this stuff again!!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! I COMPLETELY understand the temper, we're there too! Adalyn has begun throwing fits where she winds up rolling around on the floor screaming... parenting through the fits in a firm but loving manner is going to be a challenge, so next time you are experiencing it, know that you are not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to this crazy blogging world! Try not to get sucked in. It can be a dangerous world especially if you start exploring all of the awesome blogs out there, but it also very lovely. Can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Britanny---I am so excited you are starting a blog! I've been doing it for a couple of years & it's an awesome outlet! Sometimes you'll have lotsa posts to write & then there will be dry spells. Do I have your permission to post a link to your blog onto my blog? Then I will know when you post something new.

    ReplyDelete