What would they really think when they saw me jumping around like an animal in front of the high chair. Or when I suck down her sippy cup trying to convince her that it's "cool" and in fact very yummy. Or when I dance and belt out Beyonce's "All the Single Ladies" because I know this will revoke an immediate smile and dance from my favorite tiny person in the house as she sings the back up "uh uh uh uh ohhh". Or when I am wrestling (quite literally) with Sienna to keep her still enough to change her diaper.
What would someone really think of me when they heard me speaking jibberish in a high-pitched crazy voice to Sienna- because that is undoubtedly how we communicate the best. Or when the pot on the stove is boiling over and my daughter is gnawing on the dog's bone. Or when I am running around the house less than half dressed because Sienna thinks she needs fed RIGHT NOW, not after Mommy is clothed.
What would someone really think of me when they heard my off-pitch, completely fabricated verses to "Hush Little Baby". Or when they see the absolute disarray and disaster that my house has become. Or when they see the water in the sink is still running (3 minutes later), and smell of burnt-to-a-crisp-cookies permeates through the house walls.
Would they think..."Has she LOST it?" ... "Does she know what she's doing?"
The answer to those--- yes... and no (respectively). But I LOVE it!! How could you not??



What a fun post to read, I'm sure every mommy can relate! You have a gift for words, Brittany, I hope you keep writing!
ReplyDeleteyou do a have a gift with words! If I saw you doing all those things I would think you are pretty awesome... oh wait I already think that! YOu are a great Mom!!! I love Sienna
ReplyDeleteI would think you are the coolest mom ever!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my, this post just cracked me up! All of us moms do "crazy" things in the name of a smile or giggle from our little ones!
ReplyDelete