The Smiths

Monday, June 18, 2012

Oh. My. Lanta.

I'm sitting down to blog!  I can hardly even get the house remotely clean 6 out of 7 days, so awhile back I decided that I needed to take a break from blogging.  I have been MIA from the blog world completely for months.  Juggling working part time, keeping up with orders, making occasional dinners, and keeping our kids safe and bathed every so often, I decided something needed to give and it was blogging.

Please don't mind the fact that in the dead of summer, my blog is decked out in autumn colors with a family picture from when my son was 2 weeks old.  He is now nearer to age to than he is to 1.  That will be for another day :)

My work with a tutoring program ended at the end of May... so I decided I can pick up something else on my list (and unfortunately it wasn't keeping a clean and tidy household ;)! Sometimes I have an internal battle about "blogging".  It can be just another thing that causes me to sit in front of the computer when I should be doing other things (cleaning, sewing, cooking, playing, 'educating myself' in books, etc.) but I have come to realize the importance of getting down these thoughts in my head.  These thoughts that come to me from day to day that I fear (with this frantic sort of fear) that when this phase of life is gone in a flash, I'm bound to forget....regardless of how hard I try to memorize and soak them in.  Good grief, I can't even remember to put clothes in the washing machine before it occurs to me that I just ran a full cycle of water.  Just. plain. water.

Before I begin blogging about every day, chaotic occurrences here at the Smith house, I first want to post about my mom's double-mastectemy and fight with breast cancer.  Why?  Because in the past 5 months God shook our world a little bit (okay...maybe a big bit) but while He allowed it to be shaken, He was holding it, and us in a way I've never experienced before.  Because my memory is so terrible and you can take bets that I will lock my keys in my car at least twice a year, I want to get this journey into words before the depth of it is lost.  

Until then, I will leave you witha picture of my sweet, sassy sugarpie.  This girl is full of spunk.  Love her to pieces.  We battle lots on a daily basis, but her heart is so sweet.  And... she's got style.  Look at those shades!




No comments:

Post a Comment