For months I haven't blogged....
I have resigned to the fact that I just. can't. keep. up. Regardless of good intentions, there is so much to get done in one day... many things that don't even get touched! Blogging has sat on the back-burner and I am kind of okay with it. Kind of.
I would love to be a faithful blogger, but sometimes somethings just have to give and I guess for me it's been blogging.
BUT
Sienna has been cracking me up left and right and I get this frantic feeling (you know- when your heart starts racing and mental lists start forming) that I am going to grow old and not remember anything from their childhood! I want to remember the way they say funny words, like sca-betty over and over and over again because I love it. Or any of the small details that make me stop and say... WHAT?! Or those that make us all break out in a giggle fest. Thus, I returned to my blog. Simply to record. To remember. To Soak it in. Because those times sure are sweet and I want to be able to giggle, reminisce, and retell those to my babies.
Sienna typically spends most of Wednesday with her Mimi while I work, run errands, or just take a few breaths in peace and quiet :) Mimi (my mom) handles some of the secretarial work for my Dad's business along with collecting rent from their rental properties. The other day I heard Sienna, while talking on a play phone saying, "Hi Mimi.... yeah..... I'm sick today.....But do you think you could get a check ready for me to pick up? Bye." It looks like Mimi's job may get a little easier...This two-year old is up for hire!
Tonight she was shirtless and lifting up at her belly to get a good peak at that belly button that seems to be so intriguing. I asked her what she was doing and she clued me in, "I am just putting my boogers in my bellybutton." But of course!! What else would that silly hole in your belly be for???? Later she was so kind as to let Aunt Ashley stick one of Cannon's dried boogies in there. How kind.
We were belting out some tunes on our way to the doctor this week. Sienna was singing in the background "Wordy is the Lamp... Wordy is the Lamp...." I enunciated my singing a bit so she could catch on. When we park and I get her out of the car.... she shouts at the top of those sweet lungs... "WORTHY IS THE LAMB!! WORTHY IS THE LAMB!!" Someone got their praise on!
We've been encouraging her to "think outside the box" when it comes to praying. We're trying to show her all the things we are thankful for besides "Mommy, Daddy, and Dawson". Last night she chimes in during the prayer.... "Thank you for me giving life to Mommy's bellybutton."
ERRRRRT... Back the train UP! What on Earth is that supposed to mean? ...If it means herniated my bellybutton she is spot on!
Oh. My Sienna Jade.

Oh your Sienna is so stinking cute! I love the moustache picture of you 3! Where's Dawson's? :) I miss seeing you & Ashley @ MOTTTs!
ReplyDelete