Today is a fort-making, playdough-playing, baby-bathing, bike-riding type of day!
I look in my living room and Fort Smith has now been built. Strong and sturdy out of boxes, chairs, and blankets. The fort started as this mama cleaned out the kids closets, boxing up the outgrown clothes. Talk about sad... :( It is so hard for me to put away the outgrown clothes, but I'd be lying if I told you that I'm not just a wee bit excited about stocking it full of some spring and summery get-up. To distract my little toddler from pulling every. single. item out of the clothing tubs and so sweetly "folding laundee" I decided Fort Smith was due for construction. This housed my little seniorita while she caught up on some TV, PBS style. Is that bad?! ;)
Not only do I have a fort in my living room, but my chica's sweet wheels are parked outside her mansion. We resorted to riding her toddler bike in the house. :) Spring is close... but not here yet, folks... and we are antsy!!
These past few weeks have been busy... and fun. My brain's to do list is way longer than what ever even gets attempted, but days when I am dying to bust out the fabrics and bows, I set them down and instead have the happiest little boy perched on my lap as I type. This little 3.5 month old is growing as we speak. I'm enjoying each bit of each day and trying to not stress about my mind's list that is pages and pages long. My little man is sporting a 6 month outfit today and it fits like a glove. He wears 6-12 months outfits on occasion! My oh my, child.... I am not ready for this! He is working at rolling over and loving time on his tummy. He is loving the world right side up! He still spits up like it's nobody's business and has enough blowouts to keep my laundry pile high and baths on the agenda. He is still THE sweetest boy ever. The eyes that light up with his big grin. His eyelashes may be as gorgeous as his sissy's, they're thickening by the day.
Sienna is continuing to show her personality and "inner-boss". This girl thinks she is going to run the world someday. :) She likes to tell everyone what to do and is THE most inquisitive child I have ever met. Silence in this house is only between 1-3:30... and that's if the little guy gets the memo. Sienna talks enough to keep this house hopping and mommy is exhausted by 7:30 pm. I am trying to soak up our conversations and am amazed at how that little brain of hers works. Sienna is loving the Bible story of Zacchaeus and her sweet little heart is so concerned that he is stuck in a "Sycamoe tee".
I apologize there are no fun pictures to accompany this post, but both kids just hit the sack for the time being...and it's time to do my thang. I should probably start by getting out of the jankiest pj attire one ever did see!
Night Vision
6 years ago

Great post! Sienna sounds like a doll. And Dawson sounds adorable too!
ReplyDeleteSweet, sweet post!!! These are the days...right? Right???! :)
ReplyDelete