The Smiths

Friday, February 11, 2011

My Valentine

Not going to lie... I am not overly into Valentine's Day, neither is my husband. It is fun to do a little something special.


But the boxes of candies, roses, overly-priced cards aren't necessarily how we roll. But circa February 14th is a good excuse to book a babysitter and go out to eat or wander aimlessly around town- just because we can, or have a nice uninterrupted conversation about what's on our minds. Remembering the dating days and trying to keep them alive :)



Can I tell you about my Valentine this year? He's amazing. Okay, now I'm blushing :)

He loves me and my broke-lookin' get up. My jammies that don't match, my scraggly, neglected updo, and my face that could surely use makeup.

He forgives me when I am too caught up in the kids to kiss him when he gets home from work.

He takes the dog out EVERY. stinkin. Night. Because he knows that I would just open the door and wish her luck on her way out.

He is patient beyond belief. Trust me.

He keeps the house stocked with pre-made cookie dough. Because it's important. Okay, maybe this is more for his sweet tooth than mine, but he knows oven-fresh cookies make me smile :)

He never complains about going to work and is incredible at what he does. He works so hard to provide so that I can stay home with our mini-me's.

He handles my frustration when my To-Do-List hasn't been touched all day. Not one thing. He reassures me of my accomplishments, telling me I kept our kids alive and healthy and that alone is an accomplishment.

He Googles EVERYTHING and is a great Google mechanic.

He loves to show up my cooking skills because that truly wasn't my God-given gift :)

He loves me enough to overlook the disgusting habit of biting my nails. His biggest pet peeve ever.

He is incredibly forgiving. Even after doing such things like instructing him to pull the car into the garage WITH the bike on top of the car. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

Never once does he comment on the fact that I haven't made a "real meal" in close to a week or that he is one pair of unmentionables away from going commando unless I get serious about doing the laundry.

He is my own navigational system. I seriously lack all sense of direction. He knows this.

He reassures me when he knows my insecurities are getting the best of me.

He desires to be the man of God that He is called to be. He strives to instill Godly characteristics into Sienna and Dawson... wanting to show them how to love God and love people.









He hasn't asked me to be his Valentine yet.... but I'd say yes :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like an amazing guy for ya! God pairs up the perfect matches, doesn't he? I had to chuckle becuz some of these I was able to relate.

    ReplyDelete