My posts are just very. few. You'll forgive me, right?
Not real sure what to update you on!! I am still struggling to get my teeth brushed at a decent hour, however some days I feel like we are actually getting into a routine. Other days.... If Justin weren't home helping me, he may come home to find me rocking and crying in a corner ;) Certain days, I am lucky if I remember to feed myself! Although- I do remember to grab some real "healthy" snacks... haha. You know...chocolate, reeses...hey, why not grab a snickers, right? So, my goals of getting up and showering in the morning, working out, getting some sewing in.... Yeah...not happening. YET! They're on the back-burner. I know (& hope) that in a matter of time we will get the hang of this two-kid-thing and I am positive it will feel like we've been doing this all along!
In the past few weeks we have...
* Celebrated Christmas with incredible family and watched Sienna really get into the present-thing. Kinda scary because now there is no going back :) It was a joy to watch her excitement! We now our housing close to 12 plastic babies and 47 stuffed-creatures that she pushes in the stroller, or takes them to get "goshies" in shopping cart.
*Felt unbelievably blessed beyond words by family and friends this Christmas season. Whether this was by meaningful family get-togethers, unexpected gifts, anonymous mail containing gift cards, etc... We were reminded and blessed by the incredible generosity of others.
*Stayed up way too late, but had way too much fun with friends! Late nights were attributed to Bunko night, New Years' Eve with friends, and movie night with the hubby... pretty sure I fell asleep on both attempts to watch Knight and Day. But I give the movie a Thumbs Up. These heavy eyelids just have no mercy!
*Ditched Dawson's paci. Poor guy had to kiss his binky "bye-bye" before his big sis. Lucky girl, caught a break when we decided to get rid of his first. Her time is quickly approaching, but Dawson's deal was a little more important to take care of as it was hindering his sleep (and mama's sleep!!).
*Dealt with some severe fussiness from our little man. What I thought was due to my consumption of a tasty Barq's Rootbeer, is maybe from something I was eating instead. Lettuce maybe?! The jury is still out.
*Survived managing the munchkins on my own as Justin went on a 2-day ski trip to Nubs Nob with some of his students and other staff.
*Experienced crazy toddler meltdowns, but also cracked up laughing at her the crazy things she comes up with. Her sense of humor is hilarious.
*Started thinking and planning for Little Miss Thang's 2nd birthday party! I can hardly believe it! Our little, bright-eyed girl will celebrate her birthday later this month. My lack of time is keeping this party under control and pretty low-key. Sometimes I start getting a little silly with the things I want to do for her party.
*Committed to a "part-time" job, where I will be observing tutors for the tutoring program I previously tutored with. Just a few hours a week... Such an answer to prayer!
*Had family pictures taken. I will upload those when I get a chance... maybe before my kids are in high school.
*Had family pictures taken. I will upload those when I get a chance... maybe before my kids are in high school.
*Splurged and got this mama a new toy... check it out. Can I just tell you, I am pumped!! We have been searching deep and wide for a double jogger that would fit in my Honda. Nearly impossible to find such a thing. After months of searching Craigslist and stalking people for a used one... we caved and Ebay was good to us. (Amazing how fast Dawson has chunked up and Sienna finally grew hair!)

Well, I need to attempt to end this late night streak!

Well, I need to attempt to end this late night streak!

No comments:
Post a Comment