I just do. No getting around it. She is super special. Although many times on my blog, you hear about her latest hissy fit that landed her
smack dab on her tushy, kicking and screaming on the floor- (Poor girl has her dirty laundry out for everyone to read ;) BUT behind those little ornery fits of this almost-two-year-old... is one special girl.
This special girl has the biggest, sweetest heart. Her concern for others is genuine. When the TV is on and someone is crying, she expresses concern, "Whas wrong Mama?" When she sees mommy shedding a tear over a stressful day... she climbs up onto my lap and wipes me tears saying, "Don't cry, Mama...Don't Cry." Isn't that my job?? Wiping tears. Consoling. Offering support. Such a sweet thing she is and wise beyond those 2-whole-years.
This girl is a teacher in the making. Despite her bouts of stubbornness, she is a rule-follower and wants to make sure others do the same. Poor cousin Cole, her playmate, handles her pestering and bossiness very well. Her brother? Well, he doesn't stand a chance. She likes to tell people what to do. Who doesn't, right?
She even calls me out on some of my rule-breaking! While leaning back from the passenger seat in the car to calm Dawson I am scolded,
"Suppose to sit down in your carseat, Mama. Sit down."
Yes Ma'am.
When climbing on the counters to get something out of my reach -yes, I do this-- please don't judge.... because obviously my daughter does! I hear...
"Not suppose to stand up there. Get down, Ma." Sure thing, Sweetpea.
(Yes, she calls me "ma" because apparently we are from the deep south?!)
Sienna: "Me have lunch..."
Justin: "Lunch? What do you want to eat? "
Sienna: "I have a Quesadilla...a sandwich... cereal"
If you are eating something...anything, she will come running and convince you that you two are now best friends and that she deserves some of your food. 10 times out of 10. It keeps those cheeks chubby and kissable.
She is Daddy's girl. She loves him more than anything. My heart turns to mush when I see the effort Justin puts in to bond with her. He crawls up next to her most morning and snuggles with her. They sing rounds of Jesus Loves Me, The B-I-B-L-E, and Twinkle Twinkle. Her sweet, innocent voice is music to anyone's ears. He was so excited to take her tubing for the first time. I have to admit-- as a mother I cringed at the thought of that soft skin face-planting. Justin was determined to take her. I hear two times down the hill and she was ready to call it quits. They played in the snow, made snowballs, and sat by the fire. She LOVED it...and my heart was beaming as she recounted her day with me. She told me later that she had fun making snowballs with daddy and playing with the "wheels" -- sure... why not! The tubes are close enough to wheels, my dear. Honest Mistake.
Yesterday morning she was on the couch watching cartoons while I was doing the dishes... Justin walks into the living room and I hear, "Snuggle with me Daddy. Snuggle with me." Ah, my heart is full.
P.S This week was a big week for our baby girl (because you know she will always be my baby girl)
1.) She gave up her paci on her own without asking for it once after... Naptimes haven't been stupendous, but we will work on that later.
2.) She went poopoo on the potty!
Now that's a big week! The latter was just a one-time deal, but hey...it saved us the cost of ONE diaper :)




Oh how sweet, brings a tear to my eye.You are blest enjoy!this is Deb Bender I can"t get the curtis off:(
ReplyDelete;) Thanks, Deb!!! You're sweet. I had a hard time imagining CJ in front of the computer crying at my blog...haha.
ReplyDeletedon't be fooled, my dad would totally cry in front of the computer (but he would not admit it). love the stories, she IS one special girl! love you!
ReplyDeleteShe is absolutely adorable!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHA - CJ would TOTALLY cry in front of the computer - he's a SUPER Softy :) I LOVED reading this Britt. You have such a beautiful family and you are such a good mommmy!
ReplyDelete