1.) Trying to lose this spare tire during Christmas time is entirely too hard! I can't resist the sweets. My husband needs to hide them from me.... like out of the house.... because then we both know I won't ever get to them!
2.) Laundry only gets done when I am looking eye-level with the pile of clothes. Then, it takes me a week to get caught up!
3.) Sometimes laughter is the best way to get through the day! Today I had to stifle my laughter during my almost-two-year-old's ridiculous tantrum because I told her we couldn't play with playdough anymore until she learns the right way to play with it. I was wondering where it was all going, until I saw her sneak some in her mouth yesterday. Gotta be smarter than the toddler... Sidenote- I remember loving the taste of playdough and definitely eating my share when I was young. Why is this colorful, toxic-smelling, mushy dough SO tempting?!
4.) The 8-hour night seems to fly by when you are sleeping, but when you are watching the minutes and hours pass... IT'S SLOW AS MOLASSES! I wish I could know that I was sleeping to enjoy it more... anyone with me?
5.) "Me-time" now consists of doing the laundry and dishes in silence, checking Facebook without a little person crawling on me, and typing emails with two hands!
6.) Having no clue what day it is... is normal!
7.) When talking to my mom, I call her "Mommy"... I DON'T GET OUT ENOUGH and seriously lack adult conversation!!!!!!! ;)
8.) Sisters that swap babysitting are one of God's greatest blessings :)
9.) Knowing that your husband is going to walk through the door anytime is one of the best feelings in the world! He works so hard for us to come home and still change diapers, play horsey, and do bedtime.
10.) Kisses from Little Miss Thang make my heart smile :)



this made me laugh, out loud, all by myself in my living room. I feel for you Brit-I don't know how you're doing it with 2 babies!! Jordan and I look at each other sometimes and say - how are we ever going to have another one?? But we love her like Crazy!!! :) For months I didn't know what day it was. I feel like I'm just now getting back into a routine!! Praying that you get some good rest over there!! :)
ReplyDeleteThat picture of Sienna looking at Dawson is precious! I had a good laugh at your conclusions - the first few weeks are like that, settling into a new routine. Not knowing what day it is? I remember that very clearly! :) Me time? I like the ones you listed, and an uninterrupted, quiet, no-one's-crying 5 minute shower was always a highlight for me too. :)
ReplyDelete