Is anybody still out there??
It has been too long since I have sat down to post about our life. To be honest, there has been a lot going on...lots of silly stories, memories made, and thoughts to share- but the thought of going back and catching up on those is a little intimidating!!
So, I can just go on and pretend I didn't take a few-month-hiatus, right?? Okay, good :)
This morning I decided to go blueberry picking for the second time this season. This time I took my little troops. I expected it to be a short-hoorah, but Sienna was excited about the experience, so I decided to go for it. Things went surprisingly well for the first little bit. The tractor ride was a big hit with both kids. Dawson's little squeals made it no secret he was a fan of the ride. Then, I told my little food-lover to pick and eat to her little heart's desire. And that she did.
Shortly after, I notice her getting quiet, and serious...which means only one thing. She then asks if I have a potty chair. Unfortunately, sweet girl, I don't carry one in my back pocket. But wouldn't that be a brilliant invention-- pocket size potty chair?! Oh wait- maybe it's called the catheter or the diaper? Regardless... none of those were in my back pocket either.
She then asks if she could go in the grass. To be honest, I would prefer she went in the grass... but I know the pickers around me would have probably kicked my hiney out real fast for knowingly allowing such a thing :) We have made a few stops on our way home from church so she doesn't wet her pants. However, I think she prefers the grass over the potty chair. Bad habit? I'll let you decide. She also thinks Joy Johns are the coolest thing since sliced bread. I beg to differ and could throw up in my mouth.
Needless to say, we packed up our very small loot of blueberries back to the tractor. The poor man loads my stroller up for the second time and we hitch a ride back to the restroom. You all know how the story goes.... Of course, she didn't have to go once we are in the bathroom because that would have just made too much sense!
We decided to call it quits before the little man had a minor meltdown and ask the poor man to load up my stroller AGAIN. I didn't completely regret my bright idea to go pick blueberries. All in all, it was a good trip. No accidents. No meltdowns. Two-and-a-half pounds of blueberries.
These summer days have been a blast. They have been full. Some days full of laughter and fun others full of meltdowns--- but we all have our moments, right?
There have been moments where I wish I had endless hours of video available to capture hours and hours of the plain, everyday interactions and conversations..because I am so afraid these times will be forgotten. I now have a crawling, teething 8-month-old that adores his big sister. I could watch HIM watch HER forever... knowing that he is soaking in everything she does and studies her face to see if those high-pitched squeals of hers are happy or sad. Then, he reacts accordingly :)
I just love him to pieces and am so excited about his little personality that is showing more and more. His happy, easy-going nature is so fun. Sometimes I wonder if those little cheeks of his hurt from smiling all the time. He has learned to make noises with his hands to his mouth and he is in full exploration mode with that cute army crawl of his. I think he is going to be my little water bug.
Sienna has been growing up, as well! Her sense of independence is in full bloom and she lets everyone know that she can do it all by herself. She loves her routine and finds comfort in keeping with a schedule. She knows a Bible verse and beams when she recites it.
("The Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." -Joshua 1:0) She is continuing to expand that vocab of hers, as well. Shocking us with what she comes up with! She honestly blows my mind. She is easily intrigued and really takes everything in. Super observant and very inquisitive. I have been keeping a list of the things she says that really crack us up. Some are pretty sassy and naughty... others are just random and HIL.A.RIOUS... especially being said in her sweet 2 year-old voice. Maybe I should remind her she is 2 and not 16...maybe she does not know this? I am already praying about the teenage years. Ay ay ay. She has SUCH a sweet, people-pleasing spirit.... but loves to test the water with us right now :)
Night Vision
6 years ago

This is wonderful, Britt. Have you ever seen the travel potties?? They fold up and go right in your bag. That has saved us almost everywhere we go. They have little baggies that go in it and you just tie it up and throw it away.
ReplyDeleteYup, I'm here! Just waiting for your post! :) Will you be attending MOTTTs again in the Fall? Hope so, so I can see your 2 cutie pies...oh yeah, and you too, of course! :)
ReplyDeleteTori- I am definitely going to be looking into the travel potty! That would save me a lot of fretting over accidents :) I did pack our potty in the front seat a few times ;) but your suggestion sounds like a better idea!
ReplyDeleteJewel- Thanks for still following :) I am not sure if I will be at MOTTTS this year or not! It's been awhile since I've seen your two boys! Bet they are getting big!