...no big meals sound good, but you don't dare let a piece of chocolate slide past you without justifying a good reason to eat it!
...complete strangers EVERYWHERE ask you when you are due. It is written all over me that I am due, and due soon. One time, I want to act completely clueless when they ask me this question. "What do you mean? Due for what? Oh... you think I'm pregnant?"
...your nephew says, "Your tummy's getting Biiiiig. It's like a big hill!!"
...you knock into anyone that you try to "slide past" because you underestimate your size.
...when something drops on the floor, you debate continually kicking it to get it where it needs to be or you do the inevitable SIGHHHH and GROAN and bend over and pick it up.
...everyone looks like they're loosing weight and getting so tiny!.... hmmm- or is it the fact that I am carrying a crazy amount of extra poundage.
...your daughter can't find a good place to sit on your lap, readjusting and backing up further so she doesn't fall off doesn't do the trick.
...when looking at my belly button my sweet little daughter says, "Ouchie!"... I hear ya, girl.
...getting off the floor is an art... pretty much hitting the 4-point stance and walking your hands up your legs to stand upright. Averaging approximately 2.5 minutes and a few grunts.
...Limping or waddling is just the way you get from Point A to Point B.
...breaking a sweat while working out no longer happens because I can't walk fast enough to accomplish a sweat! However, any stairs leave me completely winded... yes, probably even your flight of 3 stairs.
...when looking in the mirror at your outrageously morphed body you say a little apology for your belly and your skin.
...laying in bed for about 3 minutes in the middle of the night contemplating the best, most efficient way to get your hiney out of bed. NOTE- this happens anywhere from 2-5 times a night. Still trying to come to the best conclusion, which might be waking the hubs up to roll his whale-of-a-wife out of bed.
...you get the door in your pajama pants one Sunday afternoon for an unexpected visitor. After they leave your husband comments, "Uhh your belly was hanging out of your shirt about 4 inches..." Awe-some.
***Here's to hoping I'm not the first person ever to stay pregnant FOREVER!***
But can I say it is 100%, absolutely, hands-down worth it. Can't wait to see this little face and kiss these little toes that have been kicking my ribs :)
Night Vision
6 years ago

LOVE THIS POST!!! Made me giggle!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh Brittany, you make me laugh! Just 5.5 months ago I could totally relate! :)
ReplyDeleteI was cracking up at this post - it's all so true! And so worth it, just like you said. :) Thinking of you as the big day gets closer and closer (whenever that may be!)
ReplyDelete